The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ideas for Interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModRacerDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2011
Hanover, Pennsylvania
I'm looking to make my interior look really nice. I want to paint some parts blue, to match the exterior color. I can't decide which parts to paint though, and I don't want it to be too blue. I was also thinking about putting in carbon fiber interior trim, or just a blue interior trim. Any suggestions?

Won't get much help their bud...

In the past many people have painted their interiors varying shades of blues and other colors. Nearly all of them regret that decision that they made in their "younger years"

^^^ this. i did how ever paint my interior black. flat black then i used some leather conditioner(pretty much just oil ha) and it looks bitching man. you should look into that.. i wouldn't do blue though.

ill try to get a better pic later. sorry for the crappy picture.

Attachments

• p_00551.jpg
    p_00551.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 928
I also think that colors inside the eclipse does not look good.
I like the matte black interior.

My interior paint matte black.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and carbon fiber detail in doors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

that carbon fiber overlay looks so nice! deff. never thought of that but now i ponder of the idea of copying that.

roguber - anyway you can take more pix? Like the back of the dash? Need to know where & what all to unscrew/unbolt. I would much rather paint my dash than buy a black one for 60 bux at the junkyard. Brand of paint & amount of drying time would be nice to know as well.

Looks baller. Def will attempt this.

I colored my dash black as well. I used vinyl dye and did it while the dash was in the car. I was repainting the entire car so the windshield was out which made it much easier, just had to tape off everything.

I've pulled a couple dashes in my day, may just be easier to pull what you can surrounding and tape off as best you can.

On the door panels I pulled the inserts and taped off from the line above the side pocket and below. Again used vinyl die. The line wasn't the best to follow but did it did the job and followed the dash color scheme (black top: grey bottom)

Don't paint it, it will just chip off. Your going to want to use vinyl dye, or RIT dye if you have something large enough to fit the dash in. As far as the plastic trim pieces, you can paint those succesfully, but prep work is key.

right, good preparation is very important.
You will need to degrease all. then give a good plastic adherent
I have painted many interiors and has never stripped anything.
But I still say that good preparation is key.
I have more photos. I put them in a while
The carbon is in vinyl, and is very easy to work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back