1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

I need help with figuring out what turbo is on my car.

Posted by Tyler’s_DSM, Aug 3, 2019

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Tyler’s_DSM

Tyler’s_DSM Probationary Member

Joined Dec 26, 2018
    Elwood, Indiana
    So my water pipe o-ring to water pump was leaking badly, tore everything apart today including turbo, manifold, downpipe, etc. Now in the midst of this I broke my oil feed line, I bought this car about a year and a half ago, guy told me only was aftermarket turbo, my guess is a 14b but I may be wrong. I need to order a need oil feed line from filter housing to the upper feed line. It won't let me upload pictures, but the hot side only says Garrett TR(0 or O)760, cold side says A/R -48 4(cant make out the next number) 24 2 <>. If someone can please help me or even tell me how to upload pictures because I kept getting an error when I tried. If it was the stock lower feed line, the one to the filter housing then what series turbo do I need to order in SS braided? Thanks in advance guys.

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Are you trying to upload from a phone or computer?

Generally you'll only get an error if the pic is too large. Either lower the pixel rating on your camera or resize the image in ms paint before trying to upload it.

Honestly it sounds like you have a chebay turbo but a pic will tell the story.

Street Build 210  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

291  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 841  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM