The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

I Love Lucy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanded down my CAS cover plate and repainted it to my color theme
Sanded:
20171017_172625.jpg

Painted:
20171017_190655.jpg

Doing something special with my valve cover bolts as well:
20171016_182238.jpg

I run the evo 3 intake with 1g N/T TB and love it! I actually just shaved all the unused tab/mounting points off the intake manifold which was more of a pain than I thought. Keep up the good work!

Meh....

Lol. Just teasin ya man. Looks great! Love my Evo3 mani too. FP looks "pretty" :)
Aren't our motor pics a work of art? Lol
Keep us posted!

I run the evo 3 intake with 1g N/T TB and love it! I actually just shaved all the unused tab/mounting points off the intake manifold which was more of a pain than I thought. Keep up the good work!
That's awesome man! I have yet to drive it and hit boost with my new setup because I need to get my upper intercooler piping welded, but when I do I'm sure I'll notice a difference! Have a link of yours shaved?

Meh....

Lol. Just teasin ya man. Looks great! Love my Evo3 mani too. FP looks "pretty" :)
Aren't our motor pics a work of art? Lol
Keep us posted!
Hopefully it stays pretty Marty LOL. Yes! Absolute work of art!

So because I don't have the funds for it and I just really need to start driving my car, I ordered some really cheap tires but they have extremely good reviews. Brand new 225/45/17 for $52 per tire! I'll let you guys know how they hold up for daily driving and what not.
20180202_112006.jpg

I should have had amazon package them because the truck driver literally left them in the back alley and I get a LOT of homeless/sketchy people walking back there and stealing crap. I check my delivery updates and see that it's delivered but nothing at my front door. Thank goodness I was home! Lol
20180202_124751.jpg

^^ Here she is getting tires on after 5 years of sitting and no driving.

This finally brings me to present day! Now all that needs to be done is to figure out a battery drain that I have going on with the car, get insurance, and get it smogged. Then I'm finally driving this baby legally :p

Bringing these back LOL had these sitting brand new for years I figured I better install them now or else I never will haha. Got these Rally Armor mud flaps custom done :D
20180204_182615.jpg

Installed I think I got them pretty much as close to perfect I could given my OCD. The front driver's side is angled a bit more but no one notices but me. YET IT STILL KILLS ME!!
20180207_160005.jpg

I know I know: HOLY WHEELGAP BATMAN! I really hope to get rid of that issue soon with some coilovers =/
20180207_160013.jpg

Running the GATES Thermostat part number 33987. A member here did a test on numerous thermostats that were advertised for 170 and 180 and his car ended up running at 203 to 206 on the highway. This thermostat cracked open spot on at 180 and his car ran at 196 on the highway. So this is what I'm running:
View attachment 533334
I like how you've utilized peer resources throughout your build. Good job on doing everything yourself regardless of where you have to do it. It's how I built my first racecar.
Starting to look pretty again :)
View attachment 533748
These are pics from before the throttle body was rebuilt
View attachment 533747
Nice purple!

I like how you've utilized peer resources throughout your build. Good job on doing everything yourself regardless of where you have to do it. It's how I built my first racecar.

Nice purple!

I really appreciate the compliment! It's been very very difficult but I knew it would make me feel that much more accomplished when done. Thank for acknowledging the effort as it means a lot!

Not much of an update but I am super excited because I FINALLY got something that was much overdue... Window tints! This car has not had window tints its entire life LOL much much needed. 35 all around and a band up front on the windshield. It's perfect.

20180219_154120.jpg

20180219_154038.jpg

Finally got everything I wanted to complete my shifter setup! Scored a genuine B&M shifter for a steal! Had to pair it all with some new brass shifter cable bushings and solid shifter base bushings from extremepsi!

20180312_135635.jpg

The install with the cable bushings was a PAIN for one of the bushings BUT I made sure for a proper install (sanded down the posts and used some dry graphite lubricant)

The old worn out rubber bushings:
20180312_162913.jpg

New bushings:
20180312_160117.jpg

Install of the B&M shifter and solid base bushings:
20180319_181533.jpg

Now I LOVE my OEM shifter knob but I REALLY wanted a nice weighted one. Soo I ordered this! Weighs in at.. Wait for it... 675 grams!! OEM is 355-396 grams I believe. So this thing is HEAVY
20180318_181311.jpg

First thing I wanted to do was paint it to get it to look OEM so here's the after:
20180319_170709.jpg

I was SO happy with the final outcome and OEM look. Here's the finished setup:
20180321_164531.jpg

Haven't even got to drive it yet LOL but can't wait!

Love the color of your car!!!!

Gorgeous!!!!
My oldest sons is almost the same color but the 1997 color. Awd kick ass car and auto. HX40 :)

Finally, a buddy of mine had time to work on my car. I've been wanting to get my exhaust done for a while. My goal was to have a light-weight exhaust system. So, I decided to do an aluminum exhaust.

Parts:
20180321_183231.jpg

20180322_171120.jpg

20180322_173450.jpg

You're gonna love the V bands, I love mine.
So how's the aluminum sound? Is it tinny since its aluminum or is it normal?

You're gonna love the V bands, I love mine.
So how's the aluminum sound? Is it tinny since its aluminum or is it normal?
Hey Marty, honestly I don't notice any difference but I think its because the muffler is ss.

However, when we had the piping done to about a ft away from the muffler (not connected to the muffler) I started up the car and I guess you could say it was a little more tinny if anything. It sounded SUPER nice though. Just revving it sounded like a big truck with those huge turbos that spool very loudly! Wish I could have left it LOL

Keep in mind I only have a 16g haha

Update:
Been a while but I finally got time to work on my car since school is done for the semester and I've finished an entrance exam. Figured it was then time to FINALLY install my Calan VS3 Catch Can I've had sitting for years brand new!
20180531_151101.jpg

Also, ordered some SS lines and a couple of 10 AN and 12 AN Fittings from Red Horse Performance (Labor Day Sale!!)
20180531_153128.jpg

Also, had a Valve Cover sitting for years brand new that was FINALLY installed for this setup as well. After numerous OCD measurements and all of my other issues with perfection, I finally finished. Fittings just BARELY clear my hood from contact when the hood is closed. All in all, I'm very very happy with my setup but I can honestly say my taste has changed since the years have passed and I prefer my black VC :(

But oh well, it's still pretty and if ever needed, I will powder coat of black again :cool:.

Lastly, I also decided to start on my fuel set up by installing my Fuelab afpr. Since I had a day to myself to figure it out, I figured why not.
20180603_100019.jpg

Finished product:
20180606_103859.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back