The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HX40 turbo questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMjunkieNH

Proven Member
Mar 20, 2013
rochester, New_Hampshire
first off I am looking into a holset I found on Craigslist. Serial number is 4036429 which to my understanding is the HX40 which is what I want to run. Somebody correct me if Im wrong and it is a 7 blade. It has a weird exhaust housing on it with a wastegate. Questions are the following

1. is it an Authentic Hx40
2. Where and what is the best way to remove the wastegate so I can run an external wastegate.
3. Where can I get a t3 housing for this beast?

any input would be awesome guys

None of us can tell you if that's the turbo you specifically want to run if you've given us no goals or anything data otherwise. ;)

1) No idea- you didn't provide photos or a link.
2) Unbolt the actuator, and weld the flapper shut.
3) Bullseye Power makes the only single-scroll T3 housing available for a HX40.

@JusMX141 sorry about the lack of info haha :) just thought somebody would know if that serial number is legit or not. the picture has holset on the compressor housing and has a holset serial number sticker on it. I didnt mean to ask if thats what i should run that IS what I want to run LOL. i just worded that wrong. guys asking $300 for it so would love a link to the bullseye t3 single scroll housing .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back