The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

hx40 2g FWD auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard33

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Well I finally got the car tuned on AEM by Angel@racelab in Miami. I was extremely happy with the results. As you can see in this thread- http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dyno-talk/417538-hx40-682whp-573tq.html

With the 5 speed it made 682 at 45lbs and 650 at 40lbs.

With the stock auto, stock converter, it made 662whp/508tq at 40lbs. So much for 15% loss through the auto! The only thing I changed was the throttle body from a stock non turbo throttle body to a throttlebodies.com one, and from dsmlink to AEM EMS.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a build thread going that you can follow the history of the car since I've had it. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/423859-1995-10-sec-fwd-build.html

Like always, big thanks to Shane @ ASAP performance for all the help with the car along the way and talking me into the auto. We will both be running our cars in Bradenton @ the IFO event this weekend so look out for the results.

I would also like thank Vinny aka 945liter who set me up with this tuner and made it happen on short notice. He also drove all the way down to the dyno just in case the car didn't make it back LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome car !.. Nice numbers too

I'm sure a lot has to do with most numbers being magnified through the FWD trans. If it was an AWD I think the parasitic loss would have definitely been there LOL.

Regardless of all of that, AWESOME numbers and that car hauls ass.. Tim'e for some 9s LOL. Sean's a good guy too.. BTW, does anyone ever see that douchebag Erik?

I'm sure a lot has to do with most numbers being magnified through the FWD trans. If it was an AWD I think the parasitic loss would have definitely been there LOL.

Regardless of all of that, AWESOME numbers and that car hauls ass.. Tim'e for some 9s LOL. Sean's a good guy too.. BTW, does anyone ever see that douchebag Erik?

thanks LOL ya he's still around.

Awesome numbers!!! It's amazing the power curve these turbo make and to think 2-3 years ago guys around here were selling them off the dodges for $150-$250

Congrats!

-Jason

Have you done any street driving on the new trans? I've given some consideration to running an HX40 on my Auto FWD.

I believe I deserve partial credit for talking you into the swap. Dick

I believe I deserve partial credit for talking you into the swap. Dick

Don't worry that #### sucker did not put anything up credit wise until i brought up the fact that i made the dyno session happen with multiple harrasing phone calls! and drove down just in case he exploded, all while he wasn't anywhere near by he was playing with himself.

thanks LOL ya he's still around.

Its good to see the scum bag scammer still alive and movin after his surgery. Can't wait to visit the guys next time I'm in FL. I cam down last time and meant to visit but we got stuck in Georgia at a few get togethers.

Nice improvements there.. Probably a good deal of the power gains are from the tune, I do like DSMlink but i've never agreed with timing curve being pulled to almost nothing at the boost onset and thenslowly rising (i thinkit's more a safety thing for warranty lcaim avoidance and power management on mitsu's behalf by keeping torque numbers down)

I know you can write a proper curve in DSMlink but in any logs i see i never see anyone doing it the way i do andthe way i was taugt and see many other good tuners doing their curves. The AEM (although not my favorite ECU) does allow or forces you pretty much to write a tune from scratch. Hell from just a good timing curve back when i was just a 16g car with nothing more than basic bolt ons and a stand alone there were cars with much more money under the hood that couldn't keep up and they never really got the fact that there's more to a tune than AFR's and peak timing numbers, attack rate of timing goes a LONG way in my experiences.

care to share a log from AEM? probably can't host them here (not sure honestly) but i can get you to email it to me if you would, i'm always willing to share my haltech logs and maps as well and the software is easy to get ( i have about every tuning software on my tuning laptop that there is from working on so many different systems, so i can read about any log, plus my logs i can give out and you can just open them i microsoft excel)

congrats on the new numbers! way to go!

Nice improvements there.. Probably a good deal of the power gains are from the tune, I do like DSMlink but i've never agreed with timing curve being pulled to almost nothing at the boost onset and thenslowly rising (i thinkit's more a safety thing for warranty lcaim avoidance and power management on mitsu's behalf by keeping torque numbers down)

I know you can write a proper curve in DSMlink but in any logs i see i never see anyone doing it the way i do andthe way i was taugt and see many other good tuners doing their curves. The AEM (although not my favorite ECU) does allow or forces you pretty much to write a tune from scratch. Hell from just a good timing curve back when i was just a 16g car with nothing more than basic bolt ons and a stand alone there were cars with much more money under the hood that couldn't keep up and they never really got the fact that there's more to a tune than AFR's and peak timing numbers, attack rate of timing goes a LONG way in my experiences.

care to share a log from AEM? probably can't host them here (not sure honestly) but i can get you to email it to me if you would, i'm always willing to share my haltech logs and maps as well and the software is easy to get ( i have about every tuning software on my tuning laptop that there is from working on so many different systems, so i can read about any log, plus my logs i can give out and you can just open them i microsoft excel)

congrats on the new numbers! way to go!

Thanks! I dont really have any logs on my computer yet since the car was barely running on AEM before it broke LOL. When its back together I'll get a log up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back