The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hx35/ manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For what its worth, I just installed a hx35 on my car. I did have to dent the water pipe and I was using a t3/t4 tubular manifold. If you are using a 2g radiator, you might have issues with your upper radiator hose. A tubular manifold might hit it or be extremely hot. I have swapped to a 1g radiator which requires some moving the lower mounts. You will likely have to change your cooling fans due to clearance as well. You will also have to figure out your water line situation as holsets do not use water. In the pics, you can see the clearance I am talking about.

As already mentioned above, you need dsmlink or your kind of wasting time and causing more issues than you already have. You can get what you want but I would wait to put any parts on until dsmlink is installed. When I had a 20g, I was at 44lb/min and 80IDC with 950cc injectors. Im sure you know but you will need a bigger pump and afpr. I had a wally 255 then upgraded to a wally 525.

With a stock holset housing, you will need to change your o2 and down pipe as it uses a different flange. For simplicity in your case, I would highly recommend a FP race manifold. They normally go on sale during the holidays.

FWIW, I would reccomend going with a mhi turbo as it is more bolt on and simple for newer users. When you get into the numbers your talking, you need to worry about your clutch setup. Mine started slipping with my small 16g at 22psi.
Hey, so my friends hooking me up with “hx35 turbo, fp manifold, bep housing, wastegate and o2 housing with dump tube and fic 1200cc injectors, fp comp cam” for a pretty good deal, i do need to find dsm/ecmlink as well, currently has some old apex tuner thing, but hopefully i can find one for a decent price im in no rush to install it since i dont have a proper tuner although im local to stm im gonna see what they can tune with, not sure if i want to run e85 or stay pump gas also ordered a side exit exhaust from bsfab

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back