The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

hx 40 turbine housing options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codyfasano

Probationary Member
Mar 4, 2013
mt pleasant, Pennsylvania
I got hx 40 looking at options for exhaust housings. I'm running the bep.55 right now. I have an hx 35 twin scroll 12 cm I thought about getting machined. I wanna know my options before I make a choice and a me results on spool and power. Thanks

It all depends on your goals and parts. Stock motor? Do you have cams? What size injectors etc. I loved my 35 in the bep housing on my 2.3 although up top it seemed to loose power but, that could be a number of things. For the 40 I went with the stock t3 18cm housing and a twin scroll manifold. I haven't drove the car yet with this setup but I'm expecting good results.

2.0l Manly rod weisco HD 8:5:1 hks 272 I'd like to see around 500 on pump and more on e85. Not worried about budget just trying to get ideas. Like I know ppl have used certain fp hotside garret etc

Don't do a machined 12cm2 housing....you'll hate it. If you set it up with a twin-scroll manifold, it won't flow much more than the .55 housing...if you run it on a single-scroll manifold it will flow about the same as a .70 BEP housing but spool later.

If you want spool, use the .55 housing....nothing fits easier. If you want flow, single-scroll T3 .70 or twin-scroll 17cm2 T4 is what you want.

.82 Single-scroll Garrett T3. We're going to see if it performs any better than the .70 BEP housing....if it doesn't, I'm going to figure out how to get a 1.06 35R housing retrofitted.

Anything done prior to this point, including the 8.77 pass, was done on a .70 Bullseye housing. So unless you plan to go faster, it will probably work fine for anyone reading this.

Cool thanks guys good information. So basically stay with the bolt on housing or go to twin scroll to keep my spool and flow. Thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back