The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how to test a 2G TPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Gina2G

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2011
Beaufort, South_Carolina
In the manual says pins 1 & 4 should read between 3500-6500 ohms...what setting would you use on a multimeter for this? Is this the only way to test the TPS / IPS for a 2G TB?

I saw this thread and just confused by the colors on the sensor since I don't see any on it, makes me think of testing the wire but it says the sensor side.

How do i test my 4 wire tps ? - DSM Forums

Use the next resistance range scale greater than 6.5k (example: 10k).

Sorry about that. To be clearer perhaps I should have said on the sensor pins themselves (which is sensor side of the connector) where those color wires connect to (before you unplugged it). I always refer to the wire colors because pin numbers are indeterminable without a manual and even then often hard to figure out. I'll change it.

Thanks for the reply! Does the TPS need to be removed from the TB for testing? Or leave it on?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back