The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved How to tell what version ECMLink is installed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc0651dns

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2010
Monticello, Kentucky
I bought a GSX with ECMLink. How can I tell what version it is? It didn't come with any software. Do I just download it off the ECMLink website and find the version number on the program or do I need to pull the ECU out to inspect it?

I bought a GSX with ECMLink. How can I tell what version it is? It didn't come with any software. Do I just download it off the ECMLink website and find the version number on the program or do I need to pull the ECU out to inspect it?

Did it come with a cable? if your cable is USB than you have V3 if its serial you probably have 2.5 Also if you open the ECU there should be a label on the chip.

I haven't actually used it since I just bought the car and need to have it registered in my name through the company. I can tell you that it has the serial cable with an USB adapter. I'll have to open up the ECU to get the serial for that anyway I guess. Thanks for the quick help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back