The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

How to tell its a t-28?????????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pecka

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Valley City, North_Dakota
I know some one who will sell me a t-28 pretty cheap. The only thing is I am unsure if it is a t-28. What can I look for on it to tell without actually pulling out my turbo and putting them next to each other? I have searched and there is no real definite answer in any of the posts.

here you go...

if its an OE t28 you won't spot and major diferences but the inlet is a dead giveaway.

t 25 is thick and straight

t 28 is very thin and slightly radiused

I noticed a coloration difference also in the compressor housings.
Can you spot the t28?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

all you need forthe swap ia an exhaust to turbo gasket, an o2 housing gasket and dp gasket and the 4 crush washers. (suggest replacing the oil drain gaskets OR swaping to the hose style)
you can reuse everything from the OEM 2g line to the water lines, intake, heat shields, etc... it is an exact fit. you should break apart the oil line at the connector under the turbo so you can attach the upper section while the turbo is off the car. use one of the manifold bolts to plug the water line so it doesn't leak everywhere and you should drain the oil.

On the car it is impossible to tell with out pulling the inlet hose, ecept that OEM setup (bcs wastegate etc...) you are only going to get about 9-10 psi and spool will be poor... add an MBC or EBC and all will be great again.

That's like saying "My WRX didn't look like that GSX".

Maybe because the t28 killer is NOT a T28.. :p

read here

BIG T28 KILLER uses stage 2 turbine wheel with Big 16G compressor wheel and special made Garrett compressor cover.

killers are NOT the same turbo as the one they are "killing"

thanks for the help guys. how does $400 for a rebuilt t-28 and an safc 2 sound? I think it is pretty cheap.

Attack Eagle said:
who did the rebuild?

I don't know waht a decent price is, I got my t28 for free...

forced performance 400 bucks..and its worth it ur turbo will look brand new when u get it

thats awful expensive for a t28 rebuild, considering FP sometimes does t25 in big28 out exchanges for 500 if you have good housings on a t25.

pecka said:
thanks for the help guys. how does $400 for a rebuilt t-28 and an safc 2 sound? I think it is pretty cheap.

That sounds like a good deal if its for the turbo AND the SAFC.

BTW MBC took care of the t28.. it helped spool as well though the regular 28 has a bigger turbine wheel like the 16g does.

If the fp big28 has the smaller t25 turbine you are going to be one HAPPY camper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back