The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How to install Bobbys 4 point front underbrace

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all.

This is just a quick install detail on installing my brace, its very simple to do, just remember to be safe under the car and always use axle stands as a precaution!

You remove the rear 2 subframe nuts, then the front lower arm bolts and nuts, these wont be used anymore as new ones are provided along with spring washer and nut.

You may want to loosen the drivers side subframe connecting bracket as the !!!!!socket cap bolt goes in from the back forward!!!!! and the head is a little snug fitting against this plate.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Push the bolt all the way through and connect the front brace holes on the bolt then put the rear discs on the studs then connect the rear holes to the rear subframe studs, again making sure the discs are put on first before the brace!!! Then lightly tighten the nuts.

The front spring washer goes on next then the nut and it should lock in place on its own, if it does for any reason spin a bit then a small flat head screw driver can be used to stop the nut spinning while it locks itself in place, its not always needed but on the few times for me i was a way to hold the nut still and once engaged it locked in fine.

Do all the nuts and bolts up you have undone and replaced and thats it!

Really simple install and now you have a 4 point brace that will work wonders for your front end!

ENJOY!!!

Thank you all Bobby

Last edited:
Hi Bobby,

I just bought one of these from one of the original purchasers. I'm curious as to why the new bolts/nuts are needed. It seems the factory LCA bolts work/fit just fine, so I'm curious. It's just that I like being able to take the suspension apart with all the same tools instead of hunting around or fiddling with allen wrench sockets, etc. But if there is good reason to use the supplied bolts; I will.

Thanks!

Hi Bobby,

I just bought one of these from one of the original purchasers. I'm curious as to why the new bolts/nuts are needed. It seems the factory LCA bolts work/fit just fine, so I'm curious. It's just that I like being able to take the suspension apart with all the same tools instead of hunting around or fiddling with allen wrench sockets, etc. But if there is good reason to use the supplied bolts; I will.

Thanks!
i never saw this till today as i write up posts were never able to have replys to them so its weird this,

anyway i just always opt to upgrade hardware if i can and offer a more full package thats all, new hardware is never a bad option and if you dont wish to use it thats totally upto you. either will work.
when i design parts i always plan for hardware and work around that hardware so i know things fit in place etc

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back