The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G How to install Bobbys V2 Bumpsteer kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome to this little write up on installing my V2 Kit plus some little tips and advice to make sure its all finished nicely.

Some of you will just carry on and know what to do as most do but I always like to do a little write up anyhow.

This kit is a full replacement for the entire toe rods both inner and outer for the 2G. You wont need anything else apart from normal tools and loctite (blue vibration proof)

First step is to remove everything including the bellows and inner tie rod ends. Remember sometimes the racks use a retainer to lock the tie rod in place so may need to be pryed over to be able to undo. You can use this if you wish again but its a little bit tricker on my inner rodends but manageable, if not you a smal dab of locktite on the threads but remember you will need to get this off one day in the future so ideally blue shock proof will be fine (246 i think i use most of the time)

When you place the outer shaft on use a small amount of copper seize or any anti seize you prefer on the taper. While its not needed as the hybrid coating i get acts as a lube anyway its always best practice to add extra precautions and make removal easier. You can use the washer on the M10 nut if you wish but its close to the end of the threads and will lock on the lyloc, i mainy added it as some like washers and some dont mind no washers so use what you want for your personal needs. Torque this up to oem specs as its still an M10 nut. While doing this up use a 22mm wrench to hold the shaft to help stop it spinning till it seats in the taper.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Put the bellow over the inner tie rod end then the jam nut and use the bellow clips to lock it in place. The small holed end will sit just before the hex adjuster on the inner tie rod end which will allow you to use a wrench to lock it all in place for the adjuster shaft.

Lube up both middle shaft threads so the bar is always lubed and easy to adjust over time! Remembering the inner is a RH thread and the outer rod end is LH threads. Thread both these all the way in and bottom them out this will always make sure they are using the same thread length either side and one not more then the other!!!

Slip the rod end over the shaft and then use the Bumpsteer adjustment spacers above note the way they arrived is setting it to the max adjustment you can dial OUT of it. DONT LOOSE THESE spacers you need them all! You can do a final setup and mess around later on as you please and need to dial out bumpsteer to YOUR specs as one setup wont be the same for other cars.

ON THE M8 FLANGED BOLT USE A BIT OF BLUE VIBRATION LOCTITE TO MAKE SURE ITS SECURE AND WONT COME LOOSE ON YOU. it is a serrated flange and will semi lock but to be safe and secure its always ideal to use a small amount on the threads. Its always worked and never been an issue. Again remembering this may need to be removed again one day to adjust so nothing high strength! Failure to do so may cause issues and I wont be liable for any issues for a bad install. No torque specs on this but rather a nice feel of tight by hand and wrench will be fine.

When adjusting the adjuster shaft to set toe and your finished gently lock both jam nuts and then use a wrench to hold the middle shaft for final tightning of the jam nut.

And thats it! Your all setup and raeady to drive and install the new kit.

Any problems just PM me.

Thanks Bobby

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back