The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G How to fix the 1G door /panel bind

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Smith

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
I'm having the issue where the door binds with the front driver's side panel when you open the door. I've read that you can adjust the door, but I have no idea how you could do that. The hinge that bolts the door to chassis dose not move at all. Thanks for any help.

I think I know what you mean. Does the lower exterior door panel hit the front fender where I circled in yellow?

If so, mine used to do that all the time. It happens when someone leans against the front fender and bends it inward. Usually when they work on the car. I just take a flat headed screw driver, stick it in the gap pointing to the front of the car, and pry the front fender back out. You can wrap the screw driver in electrical tape so it doesn't scratch the paint.

Attachments

• 20160705_153256.jpg
    20160705_153256.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 43
It's a little above that in the middle. I've heard there is a fix because I don't want to do it every time I open the door. It doesn't jut happen when somebody touches the car. I can barely open the door.

I had the same problem with my 1g like said above I also used a screwdriver to pry the fender back out. It's been fine since just be careful not to scratch the paint

Have you tried the screwdriver fix? That should be permanent, unless your like me and lean against that part of the car more often than I should. The screwdriver bends the metal fender back to its original spot so it's out of the way of the door. I don't think the door itself is out of alignment and causing the problem.

I'll try that. I guess I read somewhere that the door get's out of line or something. Thanks for the help guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back