The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how do i get the door panel off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99GSXAWDTURBO

15+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2005
Frankfort, Kentucky
OK, i have a rather large dent in my passenger side door and i took it to a local body shop to get a estimate to get it fixed. They wanted close to $1000 :mad: the body guy described the process of removing the "skin" (outer panel on the door) and putting a new one on and painting it. I want to save myself some cash and do it myself. I just need to know how to remove the "skin" from the door. I already have the interior panel off and dont want to get into it too far and mess something up. thanks guys :dsm:

That means to take off the outside sheet metal and weld on a new panel. Why the hell they'd consider that on a car as common as a damned DSM I couldn't begin to guess. Did they make any mention of asking you to pick up that bar of soap?

Just get another door and swap them out. Oh, that's right. That'd cost you a hundred. :rolleyes:

There's a good chance you can even match colors.

Also, some people misinterpet the term "door skin". Some people think of the skin as being the door itself minus the glass, handle, and interior pieces. I would do what Defiant said, $1000 is ridiculous.

holy sh** :mad: that really pisses me off. He spoke of also swapping out doors, but that would run me close to $700 thanks for the help guys, im searching local junk yards for a new door.

id say to check ebay, dsmtrader, and the classifieds as well...only problem there being of course shipping will be rather high due to weight. You may get lucky at a junkyard. There is no reason to spend that much money.

Good luck

Remember you can get a Talon door and I think an Avenger door aswell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back