The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

how much power has your ACT 2600 pp held?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Im just finishing tuning for the end of the year, and im woried my ACT 2600pp/6 puck sprung disk won't hold the power i should be able to build. It says they can hold 513 ft lbs of torque, which i think ill be close to, but is HP relevant to what i can hold? I need to know if i should order a twin disk clutch this winter.

How much power has your 2600pp held?
Thanks

i had to upgrate mine after i hit 421 torq. on the dyno it would not holding the power and wasn't letting me shift at high rpms either so i went to a stage 3 plus from spec and never had any problem yet

Friend had a 6 puck 2600 on his E85/20g car, springs fell out and it was worn pretty bad. This was after the southbend clutch (can't remember which) took a dump and another was intalled.

Hopefully this applies, but going from the 2600 to the 2900, what is the pedal feel difference. I heard rumorst that the 2900 has less "felt" pedal pressure vs. the 2600?

Crap. haha i also have issues shifting at higher RPM's. though it was maybe my trans, but its a newer trans with double sincros. Im thinking ill be needing a PPT twin disk, or something along those lines then.

I don't know how much power my car is making since the 2600 slips so bad it is pointless to put it on a dyno. If I would have to guess (and my tuner feels the same way) it would be right around 400awhp and well over 400torque. The problem is with the 2.4 and the 16g the torque hits so hard and fast the clutch can't handle it. As soon as the turbo spools (29psi@3000rpm's) the clutch will slip for about 1500 RPM's and then grab again. The higher the gear the more it slips. With a more linear torque curve it don't think this would be a problem.

I took off my twin disk to put back my old act 2600 with street disk this summer.

I have a full weight 2g(33xxlbs) ran 10.82@137mph.

It is running great but definately does not shift has fast and good the QM was doing...

I took off my twin disk to put back my old act 2600 with street disk this summer.

I have a full weight 2g(33xxlbs) ran 10.82@137mph.

It is running great but definately does not shift has fast and good the QM was doing...

That's good news because I absolutely hate my QM.

I had an XTD stage4 and it would occasionally slip at 550whp, so I'm going to put a 2600 and 4puck in it now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back