1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

How much do you think a shop would charge to replace 1 axle seal?

Posted by my95tsi, Oct 9, 2005

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. my95tsi

my95tsi Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah well i thought it might not be coming from the seal a while back but it's very obvious it's the seal. I can lay under my car and spin the axle and see it drip out. Not to mention that the axle is spitting the fluid all over the place and there are no signs of leakage above the axle.

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. my95tsi

my95tsi Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    The drips are usually coming from the lowest spot on the tranny, right next to the drain plug. Soemtimes they drips off the crossmember.

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Omega

Omega Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2002
    Randolph, New Jersey
    Is this a reman axle? It might not be the same DIA as OEM so it's leaking.

4. my95tsi

my95tsi Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    No unfortunately it's a stock axle that came with the car...

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. my95tsi

my95tsi Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    Well i finally got it fixed!!! I brought it to AMS which happens to be very close to where i live. I got it fixed for under $100, pretty amazing. They did a great job because it doesn't leak anymore. However now may car needs an alignment badly. Now how would this screw up the alignmnent? When i tried to do it myself on on my garage floor i put everything back together and my suspension was fine, now my wheel is tilted 5 degrees to the right when i'm going straight. Could something not be right or is this normal?

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. 1GTSiAWD

1GTSiAWD Proven Member

Joined Nov 12, 2002
    Aurora, Colorado
    No info was given as to what was causing the leak. What did AMS do to correct the problem?

205  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. my95tsi

my95tsi Proven Member

Joined Dec 6, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    It was still the axle seal...

345  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM