The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How much do you think a shop would charge to replace 1 axle seal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah well i thought it might not be coming from the seal a while back but it's very obvious it's the seal. I can lay under my car and spin the axle and see it drip out. Not to mention that the axle is spitting the fluid all over the place and there are no signs of leakage above the axle.

The drips are usually coming from the lowest spot on the tranny, right next to the drain plug. Soemtimes they drips off the crossmember.

Is this a reman axle? It might not be the same DIA as OEM so it's leaking.

Well i finally got it fixed!!! I brought it to AMS which happens to be very close to where i live. I got it fixed for under $100, pretty amazing. They did a great job because it doesn't leak anymore. However now may car needs an alignment badly. Now how would this screw up the alignmnent? When i tried to do it myself on on my garage floor i put everything back together and my suspension was fine, now my wheel is tilted 5 degrees to the right when i'm going straight. Could something not be right or is this normal?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back