The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

how much boost with my mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi02

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Redlands, California
Ok, I just wanted to ask here to get other opinions of what I can/should set my boost at for daily driving and for track. Here's all the stats of my car: ported 14b/mani/o2 housing, complete intercooler/intake hardpiping, greddy s bov, mag wires, bpr7 sparks, mbc, stock 2g craptastic intercooler, 255 walbro pump, stock injectors, no management (safc2 or dsmlink ect.) i just got the 14b on last night and didnt want to blow anything up so i have it set at 14psi right now and am more then happy with it considering I came from a t25 :D thanks anyone for their imput. My next mods i'm thinking of are safc2, injectors, fmic, then go from there. let me know what you think :thumb:

Yes i am gettin a 2.5" Downpipe and a 2.5" Catback. Im getting that first, and then a walrbo 190 fuel pump, and then a Joe P MBC. Then after all that is on, im gonna put on my 14b turbo. The question is tho, i like cant blow the 14b. So i need to know what would be a safe boost, 14?

A 14b at 14psi compared to a T25 at 12psi is a huge difference right? Could anyone give a good guess at the difference in HP?

Thread jacking, off topic, bench racing..... ROFL

The question is tho, i like cant blow the 14b. So i need to know what would be a safe boost, 14?
This was already answered in the first half of the thread right before your initial post.

on the other thread you posted i told you that 16 psi on the fuel upgrades that you are talking about will work just fine. The 14b is not made out of glass. The 14b is good to 18psi, and is safe and it can live long, if you do things right and take care of it

SEARCH!!!!! what you are asking is nothing new.

now if i did that what would that help?
give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and feed him for a life time..or at least until he drowns

But stay on topic people

supra sidemounts are great if you dont get a real old one that has cracked end tanks(plastic). Supra owners have made over 400whp with them, but you gotta keep the boost under 18-19psi or they will start to leak at the endtanks.

92GSXBaltimore said:
supra sidemounts are great if you dont get a real old one that has cracked end tanks(plastic). Supra owners have made over 400whp with them, but you gotta keep the boost under 18-19psi or they will start to leak at the endtanks.

i was thinking of going on the supra ic path also, so then i wouldnt have to worry about all the piping and expensiveness of a fmic, im just too poor right now hehe.. does anyone know of where i can get the lower ic piping kit or ideas for a 2g with a 14b on it? mine is still having a problem staying on but i think i finally got it down

I have no problems running 20psi on the SMIC when it's about 90 degrees out. I've run it all the way through 3rd gear with no noticable knock. Never tried it with back to back pulls, but for a single pull, followed by a cool down cruise......no problems.

I'm with oldman on the recommended upgrade list. :thumb:

eclipsh said:
I'd just go to a local muffler shop and have them custom bend a lower IC pipe myself.

how much would i be looking at to get this done? do i just point and say make this fit there? the only kit i found being sold is from dejon tool i think but its 118 if i remember correctly

eclipsh said:
It'll really depend on your local shop. I'd swing by one or two and ask 'em, but call first and see if they will do it.

ok cool i'll check it out tomorrow, thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back