The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How Fast Have You Gone with a Bastard 20g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well as far as compressor map, here you go. It's going to be a 20g compressor mated with the many variety of mhi turbine(tdo5h,06,06sl2,06h,) in stock appearing compressor housing(jpipe style)

This is what I'm wondering the most. The car will be on full e85 once it comes out of the garage in the next couple days but I'm wondering at what point will the compressor housing become a restriction.

This is what I'm wondering the most. The car will be on full e85 once it comes out of the garage in the next couple days but I'm wondering at what point will the compressor housing become a restriction.

The compressor map is set up for the larger tdo6 compressor housing. I don't think anyone will be able to say how much less efficient it will be with the stock jpipe housing. It should still get the job done though without a problem and look sleeper, of course

i didnt know there was such thingvas a bastard 20g ive heard of regular 20gs but not does....whats so special about them?? is it like a FP turbo?

i didnt know there was such thingvas a bastard 20g ive heard of regular 20gs but not does....whats so special about them?? is it like a FP turbo?

Not sure what the FP turbo is you're talking about, but a bastard 20g is basically a 16g with a 20g compressor wheel, the compressor cover has to be machined a little to receive the wheel, that's all. Many claim they're a waste but I read something about a shop testing them along with mhi 16G's and they averaged around 20whp more at the same psi, which isn't much, but I got a pretty good deal on this one so I jumped on it.

Many claim they're a waste but I read something about a shop testing them along with mhi 16G's and they averaged around 20whp more at the same psi, which isn't much, but I got a pretty good deal on this one so I jumped on it.

20whp could be the difference in the 1/4 time you want. say a 12.1 to an 11.9 for example.
People that run a 16g with cams tend to experience the boost drop off at the high end of the rpm range to 20-22psi. The 20g compressor will be capable of holding a few more psi to redline. This will definitely be worth something

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back