The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Hmm to use this (New) HG or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90turbotsi

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2002
Owings Mills, Maryland
Brand new OEM mitsubishi multi layer headgasket, it was sitting around the shop and got rubbed by something. The corner oil passage seal has a bit of rubbing on it, check out the picture below and let me know what you think. I can spray the gasket as well to help ensure a good seal, or if I have to ill get a new one. The motor is not a race motor but will see some boost so Id rather be sure and safe now then sorry later.

Thanks

Attachments

• HG.JPG
    HG.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 95
LaN- said:
ask yourself this ....... do you really wanna run the chance of having to pull yoru head 2 times?
This is comming from someone with 2 audiobahn subs mounted on the rear cargo cover, wow.

I would personally use that HG. Copper spray it and call it a day, that shouldn't leak/bust.

Even if it did leak (highly unlikely IMO), then its really not that big of a deal to pull a head.

bigjdog84 said:
This is comming from someone with 2 audiobahn subs mounted on the rear cargo cover, wow.

I would personally use that HG. Copper spray it and call it a day, that shouldn't leak/bust.

Even if it did leak (highly unlikely IMO), then its really not that big of a deal to pull a head.

WoW..............................................................................................................

someones not an asshole

i never said it WOULDNT work, but the slight chance that you have to put another 5 hours of work into your car removing the head because you didnt wanna spend 100 bucks sounds alittle stupid to me, But hey i have speakers in my car so what do i know :toobad:

I wouldn't use it! Your going to run it on a race motor which is going to see high boost. I'd rather replace it now and sleep at night!

Thanks for your replies, power=dsm...Its going to be a driver and not a race motor but yes I was planning on replacing it just wanted to see what you all felt about it. My dealer had it in stock so I figured before I ventured over id ask around... oh well my discount made it only $73 but its more the fact I know its perfect now.

i would have used it. it gets compressed a lot more then that as soon as you torque it down anyway.

im pretty much SURE it would be fine as is and sure it would with a quick spray gasket coating. I just know my luck and dont want to have to deal with a head swap. If some one wants it PM me...not for free tho. But all in all I figured its better for me to be sure now then worry. Plus lets not forget this is going on my own personal car that I plan to daily drive ;)

power=dsm said:
I wouldn't use it! Your going to run it on a race motor which is going to see high boost. I'd rather replace it now and sleep at night!

It doesn't really matter how much boost he is going to be running, that is at the oil passage. IT IS NOT GOING TO LEAK. Use it. I have used far worse than that before.

well its kinda too late now, ive got the new one here and paid for. I will keep the other around, with putting a few motors together a year im sure it will be used. I am glad tho that its usable :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back