The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

HKS T-51r on a DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoNeedsV8

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2004
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Has this ever been done on a DSM? They seems to spool relatively faster than other turbos in comparson and can create a ton of power. It's put some FD's into the 9's as well as 700whp+ supras.

An HKS T-51R SPL is a 1000 hp turbo ....not likely to be put on a DSM anytime soon. Cost = $3100-4100 US
The HKS T-51R KAI is an 800 hp turbo and cost is $3100-3800 US. The cost alone is enough to scare me off. OMG

Staytuned said:
An HKS T-51R SPL is a 1000 hp turbo ....not likely to be put on a DSM anytime soon. Cost = $3100-4100 US
The HKS T-51R KAI is an 800 hp turbo and cost is $3100-3800 US. The cost alone is enough to scare me off. OMG

Or what about the fact that it's just garrett stuff anyway?

the hks t51r kai is expensive but it is probably not worth it for our 2.0 engines, i know where to get these turbos barely used with a manifold and wastegate for like 3k, i own a t88 supra w/ 800rwhp, that turbo hks has is only made for bigger engines even on my fully built supra that turbo wouldnt reach boost till bout 4000 to 4200 and on our 4gs boost would probably be around 4800-5200 for full boost i believe that turbo would only be fun if you can shift at 8000+ to even 9k rpm and only really beia freeway car unless you have nitrous,to get boff the line but still, but hey if you want some crazy ass top end like nothing else go for it:)

Terrorize said:
i believe that turbo would only be fun if you can shift at 8000+ to even 9k rpm and only really beia freeway car unless you have nitrous,to get boff the line but still, but hey if you want some crazy ass top end like nothing else go for it:)

Which is why the FD is so sweet because they can spin those rotors all the way up to 12k without a problem(well as long as they have the 3mm apex seals and other supporting mods) plus i believe the rotor is only spinning 1/3 of its rpm is saying...only if our dsms could go up that high...

T51R isn't a good choice for DSM's because of the wierd turbine inlet, and the 1.00 A/R. It is my understanding that PT71-GTQ uses the exact same billet compressor wheel as the T51R, but in a normal T4 framed package. This turbo will support over 800 WHP, and full boost is in the 6000 RPM range on a 2 litre motor with a .68 A/R hot side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back