The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Help on Cam Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wird06DSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2007
Washington, North_Carolina
Ok well I have decided on brands of cam manuf. and I am goin with Delta( due to funds running out). As for the build it will be a weekend FWD car ( hwy queen ) with a t67 ( around 500whp) and all supporting mods. Well I have ported the head and noticed that flow never leveled off and gained passed any cam manufactures lift (.450+)Well I want the car to be semi-streetable, I have debated on either Hks ( delta regrinds) of the 272 or 280. No is the 280 even worth the power upgrade to deal with the lack of streetablilty?

I would suggest there K272 setup. There not regrinds but rather new sticks. They run about $350 a set, a little more then you intend to spend I suppose, but well worth the extra $100 (give or take). Just my suggestion. As for the 280's, I don't know how they are, sorry.

Go with the 272's, they're pretty good all around cams. A lot of people say you only gain power up top but when I threw HKS 272's in I got power throughout the whole powerband. It was really nice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back