The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

cam selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whe3ls

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
spokane, Washington
ive been looking for cam for a while, to repalce the stock cams that i pulled out of my head. im going to be using a 60-1 for a turbo with dnp manifold and external dumped 02 housing. the 60-1 uses a bolt on internal gated housing. im also going be be using the stock intake manifold and stock tb, for the time being. i almost forget im getting a set of BC springs with the TI retainers. ive been looking at the crower 272's comp 101200's, fp2's, and the kelford 272's. with the crowers being the cheapest @ 340 with shipping at summit with promo code, and kelford costing the most @ 575 at MAP. so which will give me good performance with out killing me financially.

FYI, the stock intake is really going to limit you with that setup.

If it were my dollar I'd go for either the FPs or the Comps. Good quality, good reputation and a decent middle of the road price. Side note; ever heard of delta cams? They're fairly local to you too...

I had the BC272's with a 16g, they were too much for it past about 6k it dropped boost at 18psi. So I would think any 272 would be good. Idle is pretty lopey(ie sweet) with the BC's which are considered the 'weak' 272's for some reason.
Huge difference from stock to 272's

Kelford, HKS, and FP are among to best. There manufacture quality cams that will show significant difference. If you can't afford those I'd say the best bet is to go to FFWD.

I had the BC272's with a 16g, they were too much for it past about 6k it dropped boost at 18psi. So I would think any 272 would be good. Idle is pretty lopey(ie sweet) with the BC's which are considered the 'weak' 272's for some reason.
Huge difference from stock to 272's

BC cams are among the worst perform, but if it all come do to it get the BC 280s for your 60-1.

Last edited:
FYI, the stock intake is really going to limit you with that setup.

If it were my dollar I'd go for either the FPs or the Comps. Good quality, good reputation and a decent middle of the road price. Side note; ever heard of delta cams? They're fairly local to you too...

i know. i plan on getting a jmf smim and q45 tb after i get the car running. i have 2 sets of stock cams atm 1 set is in a wraped head, not going to take a chance with that set and the other set which i pulled of out my car the journals are too deeply scar'd. at this point i rather get a good set of performance cams , so i can get the car running

Kelford, HKS, and FP are among to best. There manufacture quality cams that will show significant difference. If you can't afford those I'd say the best bet is to go to FFWD.

BC cams are among the worst perform, but if it all come do to it get the BC 280s for your 60-1.

i havent even considered bc cams.

i know. i plan on getting a jmf smim and q45 tb after i get the car running. i have 2 sets of stock cams atm 1 set is in a wraped head, not going to take a chance with that set and the other set which i pulled of out my car the journals are too deeply scar'd. at this point i rather get a good set of performance cams , so i can get the car running

If that's the case go with Kelford 280s and not 272s or FP2. I mean it looks like you're looking for top end with the SMIM, Q45 throttle body along with the laggy 60-1 turbo.

really even with a stock bottom end? also will the bc springs i picked up be able to handle the kelford 280'.

Ran BC 272s on my stock block hta88 setup @25psi, smim 1g rebuilt TB & i enjoyed the setup very well!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back