The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cam Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamahaulin

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 30, 2010
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Ok, i need some help on cam selection as i have ruined my comp cams 101200 cams. My car is a 2.4l 6bolt with hx40 7 blade, fully ported head with oversized int/exh valves. I'm trying to lay down 6-700 awhp on e85. I'm thinking that the 101200 was a bit small for the 2.4, as i had them on my 2.0 so i used them again. I'm looking at the comp 101300 cams, but i'd like to see what you guys think. I'm not dead set on a comp cam but i have had great luck with them in the past on all engines i've had. So what do you guys think? Any personal experience with the 101300 would be great or any 2.4l guys with cams please chime in.

What is the end use of the engine/car?

DD? street/strip? Dyno queen? show car?

Pick the cams that will be the best fit for 80% use of the car. Also have them be the best fit for your combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car will be street/strip. I can't believe there haven't been any 2.4l users have come in give me some real firsthand experience.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back