The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Help me turbo my 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yup, an ebay turbo kit is not something you want to put on your car unless you wanna buy a new engine and like to throw money away .

first thing you should do is get a engine management system. most people use megasquirt cause there isn't alot of other options.
so once you have that, get it installed and your car running properly. Then upgrade your fuel system (injectors, fuel pump, 1:1 boost reference fuel pressure regulator, fuel feed/return lines). Tune the car to run properly with the larger injectors.
Parts will cost you maybe $1500-2000. almost forgot, add a few hundred more for a wideband. you will need that to tune it.
Use name brand parts, not chinese shit. Used is okay, just make sure you know how to spot knock offs.

Then you need to decide how much boost you want to run. If its more than 9psi you need a built block.
that will run you another $2000
+ cost of any head work, new fluids, and at least $300 for a gasket set and head studs

After you get that stuff done, let us know and we'll help you with the rest.

I went the ebay turbo route but I pieced my kit together and the other 2 are right. If my engine wasn't built it would of blown instantly. The wastegate I bought had an 8 pound spring and what do you know my car made over 20 pounds of boost. The turbos have been fine on low boost mainly for me testing but the parts on ebay are just Chinese knock offs and not worth it in my opinion. I'm just giving you my personal experience to save you the headache.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back