The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

ECMlink Help me learn to tune injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Tony1094 here's -55 global fuel, 0 global deadtime, with the injbatteryadj, all as you suggested. It barely runs, if at all, and is super lean. There's no way I'll ever be able to run 0 global deadtime. I went all the way -40 or so global fuel @ 0 deadtime and still runs too lean at idle and light throttle.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Here's where I left it at for now. -48 Global Fuel & 180 Global Deadtime. It seems to like being at 180 for some reason, but coming off throttle it dips below idle and barely catches sometimes, like at 121secs in this log. I gave it a little more injbatteryadj at 12v.
Feeling OK about it, I did a couple WOT pulls here. A little rich under WOT, and then lean at light load cruise. I applied a little parking brake at 140sec to give it some load. To my untrained eye, that looks pretty good.
For the most part I was lean under light cruise and slightly rich under boost. I don't know where that happy-medium would be.
Temps are getting too hot, for me, and the car. So I called it quits here. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I did the exact same thing you did last weekend. The largest and strangest thing I found was that I had enormous amounts of boost leaks that my car tolerated with the Evo injectors to the point where I never noticed them. Like 6-7 different leaks. So first thing, boost leak test it. Like seriously.

After that's all resolved. Warm the car, idle log. Work on that first. I used AI to tune mine. Export the csv and let it do it's thing. It takes a while. Reset fuel trims, log, review. Get the idle first. Then the global deadtime next from light no boost driving. Then finally ask it to tweak the InjBatteryAdj, especially the 12v 14v. Put a load on the system (fans full on) and log. The AI can do all the math for you.
 
I've pretty much got it dialed in. Global deadtime is still super high, like around 350, along with the FIC recommended injbatteryadj deadtime. Global fuel is around -52. Fuel trims hovering near 0%, give or take 5%. I did some fine tuning with the mafadjust DA sliders.

The biggest thing I'm dealing with now is when I'm running the AC. It likes to run lean. I thought it was my alternator, but it sht the bed so I swapped it for another 90a reman with the same issues. I tried upping my 12v injbatteryadj, which helped when running AC but made it rich otherwise. I'm lower 13's with AC and high blower and about 13.8v without. Drops almost to 12v if run everything - headlights, high blower, AC, radio/amp/sub, and especially rear defroster. It's not common that I'll ever need all of those simultaneously so I'm not too concerned.

Still some more fine tuning to do but no stalling and not a ton of knock at wot. I need to work on lowering under hood temps and an airbox of some type. An FMIC would be nice but not in the budget.
 
Dwb. I had to adjust my inj voltages to fix that too:

The final InjBatteryAdj values I settled on for the FIC IS126-1000H injectors were:


VoltageInjBatteryAdj
7 V2763 µs
9 V2068 µs
12 V1340 µs
14 V890 µs
16 V800 µs
19 V450 µs

Associated injector baseline:
  • Global Fuel: −42.2%
  • Global Deadtime: +300 µs
  • Fuel Adjustments RPM: zeroed
  • Low-flow MAFComp: zero
  • MAF Clamp: disabled
Those are the values that gave me the substantially improved voltage/load behavior
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top