The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Help me identify this MS system a little better

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99RedGs

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2007
Somewhere, Wisconsin
Hi guys,

I'm looking at purchasing this MS system from a guy on 2gnt and I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me everything that done to it (internal ignitors?, etc...)

He doesn't know a lot about it, but it was assembled by Terry ( Star Turbo Talon).

From the pictures he posted I can tell it is:

- MS1 chip
-V2.2 board
-3bar MAP sensor

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'd be getting the GM sensors, harness, injector harness, software, data cable... I'm hoping this should be everything to get this up and running, but because of the lack of info I'm reaching out for some help.

I'll also have a 1:1 regulator, 255 walbro, RC 550cc injectors.. Anything else I might be missing for some reason??

Also, I was planning on upgrading to an MS2 daughterboard in the future, I realize I am limited by the v2.2 board, but I should be able to run fuel and spark still right?

Thanks guys,

Aaron

Yep, it's definitely a v2.2 board with MS1. It's got a flyback board, so you can run low impedance (low Z) fuel injectors with no external hardware. The ignitors are usually installed on the underside of the board, along with the MAP sensor, so I can't verify those things. It seems like it has internal ignitors installed given the two nuts mounted below the DB37 connector.

It sounds like it includes just about everything you'll need, but if the "data cable" is a standard serial cable, you'll need a USB-serial adapter to connect to the ECU (unless your laptop has a serial port). Also, it sounds like this ECU was built a while ago, so be sure to update the software. TunerStudio MS is the preferred tuning software and MS1/Extra 029y4 is the latest firmware release.

You should be able to upgrade to MS2 and still run fuel and spark just fine.

VelocitàPaola;152725062 said:
Yep, it's definitely a v2.2 board with MS1. It's got a flyback board, so you can run low impedance (low Z) fuel injectors with no external hardware. The ignitors are usually installed on the underside of the board, along with the MAP sensor, so I can't verify those things. It seems like it has internal ignitors installed given the two nuts mounted below the DB37 connector.

It sounds like it includes just about everything you'll need, but if the "data cable" is a standard serial cable, you'll need a USB-serial adapter to connect to the ECU (unless your laptop has a serial port). Also, it sounds like this ECU was built a while ago, so be sure to update the software. TunerStudio MS is the preferred tuning software and MS1/Extra 029y4 is the latest firmware release.

You should be able to upgrade to MS2 and still run fuel and spark just fine.

Just the guy I was hoping to hear from :) Thank you, Im sure I will have more questions about this once it arrives LOL ( I'll pull it apart and show the underside for verification). Ive read all of the manuals and info I can find (2gnt write-ups as well)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back