The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] Identify this electronic device

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
When I first found the item I thought it was an FCD but quickly realized the wires are running elsewhere.

The device spliced into the intake temperature sensor here; That black box you see. The wire gauges are huge on the device. Before I remove it please offer me a few suggestions as to what this may be if you can.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the black box right there, its wired into the air intake temp sensor

It's probably one of those gimmicks one finds on eBay. If you open the box, I'm sure there's a resistor or potentiometer inside. It attenuates the IAT signal making the ECU think the ambient air temperature is colder than it does. The result is a richer condition... which does not mean more power. I'd take it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back