The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help Me Crank Walked! [I don't know what CW is]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucidTuningsTSi

Probationary Member
Sep 29, 2004
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
:cry: Ok here is what happened i bought my 6 bolt 1995 eagle talon tsi 1 year ago. The 4th day i had it, i was pulling away from a red light and the car just died! Me and my friends pushed it a mile back to my house. We pushed it because it is to low to tow. Before we pushed it i tried starting it but the engine was dead! When we got it home i tied to start it and it started but there was a tic tic tic tic noise so i shut it down. My guess is this is the beginning stages of crank walk. The battery is dead now but it would start if i tried. What do you think would be the problem and what would be the cheapest way to fix it? Thank You! :talon: I love this car and it is so sad to see such a beautiful car just sitting!

Just because a 2g has a problem doesnt automatically make it c-walk. Plus you said it has a 6bolt you sure its not your lifters, a rocker pop off, skipped timing, it could be an abundance of other things rod bearing you could have spun a bs bearing etc. Dont be so sure to jump to the c-walk chances are its not.
Good Luck, Tyler

when the car is runnig there is movement in the bottom pulley! the bottom pulley shakes. When i took it to mitsubishi they said it was crankwalk but they didnt even take anything apart? they said i needed a new shortblock! I hope it is not crankwalk!

Pending on how much they are willing to charge you, or maybe do it yourself...

But, have the mechanics pull the oil pan, and tell them you want to see how much endplay the crankshaft has, in person. The tech might make some wild number up, because you never got to see the real numbers. They might just be trying to upsell a shortblock. Dont jump to the crankwalk conclusion. But if it comes down to it, do at least that much. Tell the techs you want to see it in person.

maybe you just need a new crank pulley

any metal shavings in the oil?

LucidTuningsTSi said:
My guess is this is the beginning stages of crank walk.
Yeh. Guess again.:toobad:
The battery is dead now but it would start if i tried.
I'll bet it wouldn't.
What do you think would be the problem
Jumped timing.
and what would be the cheapest way to fix it?
New head, timing set.
I love this car and it is so sad to see such a beautiful car just sitting!
Glad to hear you're all over it, a year later. :rolleyes:

It has takin me this long just to get a thousand $'s together! that is y its been a year :mad: I'm not rich and i have alot of bills!

check to make sure the outer part of the crank pulley didnt seperate from the inner part...its a common problem...

Take your car to HighPsi motorsports in manhiem. Adam will help you out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back