The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

"Crank Walked" 7 bolt....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98gsx

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2005
Wappingers, New_York
I have a 1998 GSX and i recently put on a Garrett 57 trim turbo. I ran it for a few weeks very hard and the motor i have finnally let go at 115,000 miles. The block itself is not damaged to my knowlage, and im in the process of taking it apart to bring to the machine shop to get checked out. I wanted to know if anyone has used a stroker kit from SlowBoy Racing... I think that would be a nice solution to my problem without haveing to change over to a 6bolt engine. SlowBoy could only tell me that itll build alot more torque and power with the kit, and that was about all i could get out of them about it. If anyone has any feed back please let me know. thanks....

my98gsx said:
I have a 1998 GSX and i recently put on a Garrett 57 trim turbo. I ran it for a few weeks very hard and the motor i have finnally let go at 115,000 miles. The block itself is not damaged to my knowlage, and im in the process of taking it apart to bring to the machine shop to get checked out. I wanted to know if anyone has used a stroker kit from SlowBoy Racing... I think that would be a nice solution to my problem without haveing to change over to a 6bolt engine. SlowBoy could only tell me that itll build alot more torque and power with the kit, and that was about all i could get out of them about it. If anyone has any feed back please let me know. thanks....
And how does this relate to crankwalk?

You didn't crankwalk you blew your shit up. You would know if it was crankwalk. Half the people on here that claim crankwalk actually blew thier motor up from a crapppy tune. I had a Slowboy stroker kit and loved it. Great for the money. You would get a lot more info by searching and reading previous threads.

What other kind of information are you looking for?

Chris
SBR

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back