The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Having trouble getting my logging setup to work at all

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi01

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2002
Detroit, Michigan
About six months ago, I bought a logger cable to use with my labtop. I never got around to setting it up until now. I just bought a Palm IIIxe using OS 3.5. So...I hooked up the palm to the logger cable and the logger cable to the car. I hooked up the green wire to the top left pin, the black to the bottom right and the clear wire two pins up from the black. I installed both mmcd and palmstein. Nothing is working. I believe I have everything hooked up correctly.

Here is my setup:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only thing wrong that I could think of is the logging cable. Can I use a logging cable that is meant for pc's for a palm?

Did you have any trouble hotsyncing the palm to you pc? I would just uninstall the palmstein and use the mmcd, do you have the mmcd emblem on the screen of your palm, if so after you hook up the 3 wires start the car and click the mmcd icon and click new and then click on whatever icon you want to log. But I have heard of bad cables, open it up and check the connections.

Stupid question: are you going from the logger cable to the hotsync cradle? From what I understand, it won't work if you're using a hotsync cradle.

Here is mine. Wire colors are a little different but same idea. And you cannot use the cradle for logging, you need a hotsync cable. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Attachments

• DSC00130.JPG
    DSC00130.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 228
I use the Palm M130, I did not think about it not working from the cradle, I was told it would work, I bought a cable that takes the place of the cradle, it plugs into the serial port on the bottom, mine says M505 and it works on my M130, when I bough mine I just made sure it matched up on the bottom, I got mine from best buy for like 10 bucks.

Ok. I have it all hooked up right. I just need a hotsync cable instead of the cradle.

My question is though, there is no serial port directly on the palm...so does it connect to the palm the same way the cradle does?

I have a palm IIIxe. Ill probaly go to best buy tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back