The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Have small 16g to install need info

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talontsiva

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2005
Hudgins, Virginia
I have a 96 talon tsi and i blew the turbo. i have a small 16g to install along with a 3" downpipe, 3" catback, pacesetter header, and a 2g installation kit with j pipe. i need to know
if i need to get a ported o2 housing or what. also can someone explain to me about o2 dump tubes and the benefit that would have to my set up. Thanks.

Porting the O2 while not "necessary" is a good idea since it will be off the car anyway and will free up backpressure to the turbo.

Also be sure to get the turbine housing ported paying special attention around the W/G passage to ensure maximum flow to the wastegate. Not porting the turnine and running a full 3" exhaust will ensure boost creep :(

IMO.. the extra couple HP an O2 dump gains you over a well-ported 2G O2 housing is not worth the added noise and attention it draws.

May also consider getting the Exh manifold ported to complement the above :thumb:

most people get the O2 dump tube just for the noise... kind of like the different sounding blow off valves when they all do the same thing.. it's just a matter of preference. HP gains wouldn't be noticable.

I agree with what the other posters mentioned about porting and the O2 dump, however I noticed that you'll also be installing a Pacesetter header. Just a word of caution, these really aren't well made (I'm speaking from experience). You may want to go with a ported 2G manifold instead. It flows well and it's bulletproof.

Good luck with your install!

Like the other said go with the stock 2g Mani & O2 Sensor Housing. Make sure you do a good port job on the turbine housing around the wg especially & same on the O2 wg passage, don't want boost creep. A O2 dump wouldn't give you any real performance gains and around here they are illegal, the fine if you get caught is atleast $500 (maybe more) I wouldn't take the chance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back