The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Has anyone used Supertech Valve Guides before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertm1212GST

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Spartanburg, South_Carolina
Building my head and all I need to pick up is valve guides. I was looking into the Supertech Guides and was wanting some input on them good or bad. Here is everything that i have for the head build

BC 280 cams
BC Springs and Retainers
Engnbldr 1mm S.S. intake/exhaust valves
3g lifters

Any help would be great thanks guys!

Quite a few people run them and even more companies use that as the defacto valve guide in their cylinder head builds.

They are fine. Make sure you order oversized guides and have them reamed if needed.

The over sized guides are used when the guide bores get wallowed or gaulled. if the stock guides knock in properly and have the proper press fit, you will not need them. bad thing is you will not know which guides you need till the old ones are knocked out.

Also remember the seats will have to be cut so the seat will be index to the center line of the guide.

Here is a link to a post I did for changing the Valve guides.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341218-how-change-valve-guides-4g63t-head.html

Why not use the Engnbldr guides? I have them with his valves and have no complaints, my machinist said they were every bit as good as Supertechs.

they are, and probly made at the same factory too,
I have lots of engnbldr parts over the years with out issues, same with engine tech parts

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back