1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Harrisburg Meet

Posted by DYNODSM90, Aug 30, 2005

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    ALL OF THESE MEETS ARE IN BIGGER CITIES, I AM TRYING TO GET A MEET SOMEWHERE CLOSER TO HARRISBURG. IF ANYONES IN LET ME KNOW!!!!!! :laser:

2. talonkev

talonkev Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2003
    Lewistown, Pennsylvania
    any luck getting some people together?

458  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 1G DSM
  3. Smitty1gBishi

Smitty1gBishi Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    where would you have it at if you had one? There isnt really anyplace that you could have it with out renting out a place. It would be cool though to have one close. I used to go up the pike until we started to get in trouble for hanging out.

4. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    I Know Where The Pike Is, I Used To Hang Out There In Front Of Circuit City. But That Go Old I Always Hung Out On 22, Well There Are Plenty Of Places To Go I Would Just Like Enough People To Go.

Where Are You At In Carlisle? I Work At The Old Pine Hill Sports Center On Wolfsbridge Behind Sheetz

5. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    not to far from your work. Back by the community pool. only a few blocks from the fair grounds.

6. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    well keep me posted if anyone you know is interested in meeting ( dsm's only please )
    it might be to cold for you guys...... :thumb:

7. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    I dont really know to many other people with dsms in this are. i see a bunch of people with them but only know a few that are actaully all out dsm. maybe post something up on dsmtalk or other forms to see if more people would come.

8. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    i can try

9. Eternalsolitude

Eternalsolitude Proven Member

Joined Aug 7, 2004
    Greeley, Colorado
    I'm 30 min east of harrisburg, let me know if anything goes on, i'll be in.

10. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    HEY GUYS I COULDNT FIND ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO SHOW EXCEPT YOU GUYS SO IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY LUCK LET ME KNOW :rocks: :rocks:

11. Boosted90GST

Boosted90GST Proven Member

Joined Dec 22, 2004
    West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
    Hey, i'm about 2hrs from Harrisburg but I wouldn't mind driving up and I can bring a few other guy's with me. Let me know what's good with it. :thumb: :dsm:

12. CruisinGSX

CruisinGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Man, I'd love to see a DSM meet in this area. I would definitely find a way to join in if someone is able to find a suitable time and place. :dsm: :thumb:

13. bojanglesracing

bojanglesracing Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2005
    halifax, Pennsylvania
    i would like to come if my car is done let me know if any thing happens i lived in halifax before i moved down here

14. ardrone

ardrone Probationary Member

Joined Sep 6, 2005
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    i'd come...i havent been to one meet since i got the car...im gettin pissed...we need to organize...im driving to Virgina in March just to go to one...so if we can get one closer i'd be down for that....:talon:

15. szl98gst

szl98gst Proven Member

Joined Oct 4, 2005
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I went to CV high, i could jion if you set up a meet :)

16. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    Im still up for it. Im working 7 days right now though but hopefully work starts to slow down and i can get some weekends off.

Also there are some car shows coming up soon in the harrisburg area if anyone is interested in going to them. Tunerwar at the harrisburg farm show on Feb 18. Carlisle's custom compact show is back in carlisle now but under another new name Performance and Style May 5-7.

17. ForceFedRed

ForceFedRed Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2003
    Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
    There is a DSM meet the second sunday of every month in the york area, quite a group. PM me for more details.

JRM

18. CruisinGSX

CruisinGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2006
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    So, the show is back in Carlisle, huh? Hopefully people won't screw this up again like they have in the past. I'd like to see the show stay in Carlisle for good this time.

As for TunerWar... I hope it actually turns out to be a good show this time around. I wasn't particularly impressed with it the last time.

19. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    Well the carlisle show is suppose to be going more towards the high end cars cause i guess thats what is now going on out west and is going to eventually move its way over here. So carlisle's staff is trying to get a head jump on the rest of the shows on the eash coast.

As far as tunerwars go its alright. At least you can go and watch some areancross if you get tired of walking around the cars. I went to all 3 of them last year and the Harrisburg one was the best one, followed by hershey and then yorks. At least york had a burnout contest but they didn't have the truck show at the same time last year. In all though its not bad for a small show.

Other shows that i know of are whipbash (whiplashDVD show) sometime this year around may time I beleave and WR team show thats in like august.

20. pudgesgsx

pudgesgsx Proven Member

Joined Mar 9, 2005
    new oxford, Pennsylvania
    Is anyone going to motorama and tunerwars next weekend? I've been to the last three of them and the shows always seemed like they were lacking something. I'm very happy that they brought the imports back to carlisle though, it should be a good time.

21. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    I will be there

22. DYNODSM90

DYNODSM90 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2004
    STEELTON, Pennsylvania
    HEY GUYS,
    SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO REPLY I HAVENT HAD THE CHANCE TO BE ON MUCH AND AFTER ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS AND SEEING NOT MUCH OF A REPLY I GAVE UP. BUT I HAVE A PLACE SO LET ME KNOW, WHEN YOU WANT TO DO IT. THIS IS COOL THAT THERES SOME PEOPLE INTERESTED. LET ME KNOW, EMAIL ME AS WELL KENNETHS@QUIETSIDE.COM[/url][/email]

23. AI_Eclipse

AI_Eclipse Proven Member

Joined May 2, 2003
    Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
    Where and when is tunerwars? I'm just outside of Lebanon. My buddy and I are looking for other dsm's to hang with and go to shows but most of the dsm guys towards reading are lame. When and where are you planning on meeting... I might be down if I can get away...

210  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  24. Smitty1gBishi

Joined Nov 5, 2003
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    Its at the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex this Saterday along with Motorama show starts at 9am. The website for the show is Importwar.com. It's a 4 part car show. One this weekend, one June 4th at Hershey Park, another one at York Fairgounds Aug 19, and one TBA.

25. awdtalontsi1992

awdtalontsi1992 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2006
    Annville, Pennsylvania
    I would love to get together somewhere in the Harrisburg area. The local Walmarts in the area would probably allow it if you set it up. Let me know if I can help.

356  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM