The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

1G Harness Repair Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsJustin

Probationary Member
6
5
Aug 10, 2026
Pensacola, Florida
Good afternoon again guys!

I am currently in the process of swapping '90 6-bolt into my '87 Mighty Max, with a somewhat frankensteined 91-94 harness.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


Motor is mounted and sitting happy, but now I'm in the process of trying to reverse engineer whatever the heck one of the previous owners of this harness did, there are so many splices and just straight up cut wires that I've been slowly labeling and repair or removing depending on if I need them.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


I've gotten the ECU pinouts from the ECMLink website and the wiring schematics from here that I'm using to work through this.
Can anybody tell me what you would possibly want to splice into your O2 sensor and Knock Sensor pins to the ECU? I of course don't know this platform, but I can't think of any reason you'd want that.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


Harness already has GM MAP sensor and IAT sensor provisions spliced in so I assume the last car was running a SD tune if that makes a difference?
Just trying to get an idea before I commit to completely unlooming the whole thing and starting again :cry:

Thanks for your time!
-Justin
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Hello I believe the wire cross with the knock sensor to 02 sensor is a hack so there is power to it low but will make the knock sensor read it like it was the knock sensor posaible hack heard it somewhere years back.. good luck you can do it.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g Diff ring gear. Internal 98-99 Transmission
    98-99 Manual transmission front differential ring gear. MD770499
    • GIB
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top