The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

hard time starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
My car has a hard time starting from a cold start. Sometimes it will start ok and hold rpms at like 1800 for a few seconds then drop to like 500 and stall. Sometimes i have to give it gas or it won't even fire. Besides cold starts my car runs perfect: holds idle good, great afr's, so my question pretty much is is there any way to change the fuel sliders so i can adjust them at say 1000rpms? B/c if u notice the fuel sliders start at 2000rpms so if i could adjust for the lower rpms it would prob help my starts. Here is a log sry but i don't have a log with me actually cranking the car but look at this log if u dont know what im talking about.. thanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old post, but have you looked into the coolant temp sensor? The reading the ecu sees off it determines enrichment on cold start. Hope you find the issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back