The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hard start hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaknoize

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yes I see the posts from Daan and m[ohio] but I cannot find the answer I'm looking for. It seems that all the mods and experienced DSM owners never have this problem.

But the question remains (assuming all is well with the car) should or can you replace the fps Fuel Pressure Solonoid to resolve the issue or is it even causing the problem.

My DSM is a completely stock, no mods whatsoever and I have a hard to start when hot issue. I found a work-around on here (turning on the A/C and letting it run for 30secs or more) but I would like to not have that issue. I see the possible ECU issue at hand and I do have a spare that has been out of my original DSM I owned 7yrs ago.

Is it simply buy a geniune one from Mitsu or is there a way to "clear" this issue? I will be investing a bit of $$ into this and would like this issue resolved.

well clearly there will be no traffic for this question. Frustrating because it would be great to get around it. I suppose I'll try to grab another from a junkyard and replace it and see what happens.

The wires on my car are actually in very very good shape, seems like the last owner garaged it and cleaned very often.

Well, i've resolved the issue so it seems at least for today. I simply disconnected my fps and the car starts fine when hot. However, when in boost, the temp rises so I need to find out if thats actually just normal, since obviously while in boost the car creates higher temps under the hood

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back