The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Half shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killab443

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 24, 2003
Howell, New_Jersey
If I switch to a half shaft setup in my fwd 1g turbo will it improve greatly?Like handling and launching the car

you allready have a half-shaft setup.

do you mean if you convert to Equal length shafts ? ( awd )

I thought a half shaft was only on an awd. I have one big axle and a small one thats half the size. Nothing in the middle. But yes take the setup out of an awd and install it in my car

there still called half shafts -- AWD's have the shafts in 3 pieces ( 2 half shafts and a straight jack shaft ) thats how they got the shafts going to the hubs to be the same length.
The main point in putting them on a FWD to to reduce Torque Steer.

but coming from you because I notice you have that and an lsd, which are probably going to be my traction mods as well, do you think that its worth it? At what rpm can you launch your car at and have the best e.t.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back