The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

half shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killab443

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 24, 2003
Howell, New_Jersey
I have a 92 eclipse fwd turbo 6 bolt, I was wondering why the driverside axle is so long and there is no half shaft. Is a halfshaft better? could I just bolt up A halfshaft with a shorter axle to it or does aything else have to be done?

killab443 said:
I have a 92 eclipse fwd turbo 6 bolt, I was wondering why the driverside axle is so long and there is no half shaft. Is a halfshaft better? could I just bolt up A halfshaft with a shorter axle to it or does aything else have to be done?

You have a 1 piece drivers side axle? Are you sure the able isn't bolted to the back of the engine block with a carrier bearing?

no, it is a solid axle because i have one too. it just goes from the differential straight to the hub on each side of the car.

pinknuggit said:
no, it is a solid axle because i have one too. it just goes from the differential straight to the hub on each side of the car.

damn that sucks...

The only reason you will need to upgrade is if you break it. I don't know about the placement of the carrier bearing on the 1g 7bolt block, but seeing as they have gsx versions that year there are surely half shafts out there for you to get.

Next time you need to replace it you may want to try and locate one off a gsx...or just say you have a gsx at the parts store and it will probably fit. No guarantees though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back