The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Hahn Portfueler Tuning Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones420

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2008
Round Rock, Texas
Anyone have any experience tuning the Hahn Portfueler?? I'm running to rich but am not able to lean it out. For ex: on the program 10 is 0, anything above 10 is making it rich, anything below 10 in leaning it out. My problem is that where i need to lean it out it's already at the lowest setting which is 0, understand?? I can't get an answer from Hahn, through e-mails or phone calls. Any help is appreciated as always...

If your rich across the board, lowering your base fuel pressure should lean things back out some, since less pressure means less flow.

Where are you rich? Everywhere including having low fuel trims or just full throttle?

At WOT it's pretty well set, don't need to change there. The problem lies at idle and at what i like to call "BABYING IT", just driving around not getting on it hard.

are you tuning both tables??
Yes, as i said previously the "0" point is 10. So 9,8,7,6,5, etc. would be leaning it out but as i also said before it's already at zero so i can't lean it out anymore.

Interesting. I was going off of Split Second

I know that is not off the hahn website but it is from the company that made the software.

Bones when you get a chance email me some of the logs we made.

So does anyone have any kind of instructions for tuning with the portfueler? I am thankful that I dont own anything from Hahn as I have been trying to get in contact with someone from that company for almost 2 weeks now and have not had a returned phone call or a returned email.:banghead:

I believe it to be his fuel pressure after talking with Hahn fianlly. Since I am not the most familiar with the 420a can you guys give me a little help on something. Where do you guys have your afpr vaccume source tied in at? Hahn was telling me that the vaccume hose needs to be tied into a source that only sees positive pressure and does not see vaccume. This did not make a whole lot of sense to me so I thought maybe someone else could enlighten me on it. Currently Bones has the vaccume line tied into his aftermarket intake manifold which leads me to believe he would see vaccume on it while not under boost and positive pressure on it while in boost.

Last time I was able to be in the car with him at idle his a/f was in the low 10's and it was pretty rich while under light throttle(crusing) but his a/f was pretty decent under boost.

Also I know that with my ecu if it tries to pull a excessive amount of fuel and maxes out a fuel trim it will eventually give up on trying to controll the fuel trim and go into open loop mode. Does the ecu on the 420A do this as well?

Thanks

In the Hahn setup paperwork it supplies you with the proper fuel pressure to achieve. I believe it was in the 40's. I'll look in my info and see. Good luck with your unit however, mine has not been cooperating since day one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back