1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Gst Cabin noise

Posted by OptimusBlaine, Oct 23, 2020

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. OptimusBlaine

OptimusBlaine Probationary Member

Joined Jul 13, 2020
    Cottonwood, California
    Has anybody else struggled with cabin noise? This is my first dsm and I understand that it is a 25 year old car but I feel like there is a lot of road noise and cracks and sounds. The only sound I like to hear is the turbo LOL. Has anybody done any upgrades to make the cabin more sound proof like windows and and such?. Sorry if this is in the wrong area I figured maintenance might fit this thread. Searching also came up pretty slim. My car is a 95 gst.

Attached Files:

Street Build 80  9

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Made in SK

Made in SK Probationary Member

Joined Oct 9, 2020
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    I'm in the process of doing this to my gst. From what I've read on this site as well as other forums, new sound deadening material on the floor pan, trunk, doors should do the trick. Gonna have to start ripping your interior apart to do it.

3. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    They are loud, you should give it to me.ROFL

Drag Race Build 4K  10  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Made in SK and OptimusBlaine like this.