The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Grinding while turning left

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterracer817

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2012
Winona, Minnesota
Help my car started grinding while turning left. Also when driving down the road straight you can her hear a slight thunk thunk really fast like, and when it thunks it feels like its grinding. Im leaning toward wheel bearing, at first i thought it was one of my break pads was all the way worn out and grinding really bad but its not. Any help appreciated
thanks

I had the same symptoms (bought the car that way) and after replacing both my front hub/bearing assemblies, I found it to be motor mounts allowing the tranny to intermittently sit in the crossmember under certain conditions, like accel/decel and turns. I replaced my motor mount and transmission mount with Prothane bushings, my rear roll-stop mount with an OEM replacement, and made a solid bushing for my front roll-stop mount. Problem... gone!

Could be either your wheel bearings, or your cv joints. Make sure you check to see if your axle boots are not torn, a big indicator will be axle grease around the wheel area.

Haven't had this on my eclipse, but did on my trailblazer and it was wheel bearings. I was told if it sqeuls in a left turn its the right. If it squels in a right turn its the left. For $50 a side I just did both.

I misspelled squeals. Sorry guys

could be a combination if turning a direction and you hear a thud thud thud it would be an axle, if its continuous noise no matter what you do its a wheel bearing.

its a constant noise no matter what i do its more of a grind than a thud, so i believe its a wheel bearing, and simons3z, we should get together sometime and talk cars, Im right across th river from you about 20 miles away.

its a constant noise no matter what i do its more of a grind than a thud, so i believe its a wheel bearing, and simons3z, we should get together sometime and talk cars, Im right across th river from you about 20 miles away.

I didn't even notice your location, I'll send you a PM(i'm writing this just so if it doesn't go threw). We can meet up and I can simply figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back