The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Grinding noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahmed

Probationary Member
Nov 17, 2016
Burnaby, BC_Canada
I'm started hearing a sort of grinding noise coming from the engine bay, it happens with the clutch engaged or disengaged. Could it possibly be a tranny input shaft bearing? If not, what is it?

That's more than I would know. We will have to see what others say. Is it hard or getting hard to shift gears, kicking out of gear on its own?
It isn't hard, but 2nd gear grinds slightly, I think the clutch slave cylinder is going out, and the water pump is leaking if that helps

if you have a 420a motor then it could be ur throw out bearing. there are two little plastic tabs that hold the bearing to the fork and if those tabs break then bearing will sometimes grind on the clutch as it isn't being pulled away from it

From personal experience I've only heard TOBs make a grinding noise either when clutch pedal is all the way up or down, but never in both cases.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back