The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

grinding noise???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsmoneypit

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2010
gloucester city, New_Jersey
ok i have read around but im having trouble with this so here it goes. I have a gs and i just replaced all the ball joints and the rack because inner tie rods shot. before i replaced it made a grinding noise only when i turned left and only realy bad when i am not moving. Its like a slow creak that a old door has but it is definatly coming from my fround left wheel area. also when i turn the wheel my rpms shoot up but then it stops when i dont move the wheel any more. new belts, rack inner and outer tie rods all new ball jonts new struts and springs. does anyone have an idea what it could be?

Check if the wheel bearings have excessive play or if one is starting to seize up. They should turn with very moderate force and shouldnt feel tighter at any point in the rotation than another. Also, they shouldnt have any in/out play, if they do, replace them.

Did you change all six front ball joints?
There's two lowers on each side:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and an upper on each side that look similar to these:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You could also be hearing a creaky sway bar link, (which you can see in the top picture).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back