The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Green Engine Lubricant? Oil Catch Can Smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I just recently got my car back from Buschur Racing. They built and installed their stage 3 motor in my car. I haven't been able to drive it yet bc its stored for the winter, but i went to do some tuning on it today and fired her up and my oil catch can started smoking, so i shut her down. I checked the dipstick and it is completely filled with this green liquid. I am guessing it is engine lubricant bc i know Buschur uses alot of it when building motors. The only thing I'm worried about is i dont see hardly any oil on the dipstick at all, but it is filled to the full line on the dipstick with this green lubricant. I am wondering if i should drain the oil pan of this lubricant and fill it with 5 quarts of oil or if i should run the engine for a few minutes and let some of the lubricant burn.. I haven't had a chance to call Buschur yet and ask him what i should do but, i figured i'd ask here and see if anybody has had to deal with this or not... thanks

Buschur only uses Brad Penn oil in all their motors which is green in color...and it is the only oil they recommend. The catch can is just doing it's job.

its break in oil< extra lube... u can change it on your normal 3000... it just provides better lubrication when on breaking in process< >
ive heard several things from people< either run her like a baby////
idk never had to break in an engine but i wanna say, go hard, not extremly but run it hard to break in the cams<

its break in oil< extra lube... u can change it on your normal 3000... it just provides better lubrication when on breaking in process< >
ive heard several things from people< either run her like a baby////
idk never had to break in an engine but i wanna say, go hard, not extremly but run it hard to break in the cams<

its rings not cams... and as for the break in take her out for a couple runs letting it engine brake in between for vacuum (just as important as building compression) remember its all about the first 20 miles...i know this isnt the question just though i put out there. and you will probably see some smoke from engine as the heat starts to burn of excess sealer and other things on and round engine that where used during build.

oh ya i've heard of that brad penn oil before... i forgot that it was green and i forgot that buschur used it... and actually buschur didn't break in my motor at all he said he ran it for a few minutes and thats it but doesn't matter either way... thanks for the info guys :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back