The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Greddy EGT probe install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basikstylz

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2003
CaliforniaUS
Okay Im trying to install my probe for my greddy egt and I have the tap all done and what not, however there are 4 pieces, the peice that screws into the manifold, the small "washer/sealer" that go's inside, the top nut, and the probe itself. now the small "washer/sealer" is to small to slide on to the top part of the probe. so am I supposed to force it on to the upper part, cuz if I don't the probe wont go all the way in, plus it just slides in and out, so Im assuming if I leave it like that the preassure will just pop the probe right out of the manifold. however I don't want to force it on until I know Im supposed to, cuz I dun wanna ruin anything. any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

1. Install the manifold part.
2. Take the seal washer and put the wire through it. Then do the same with the nut that will hold the probe down.
3. Install probe and tighten down. Don't reef on it, tight enough to seal it.

Let me know if I'm off base, but that's how I did my AutoMeter one and I wouldn't think that they are that different.

you can't feed the wire through first because there is a plug on the end of the wire and it the "washer" is to small to go over it. thanks though.

so did you tighten the washer piece in between the 2 other piece before slide the probe in and casued the damage yourself? or was it like this when you first received it? if you caused it, maybe contact Greddy ans see if they can sell you the little crush piece seperatly, but after diealing with thier customer siervice after my probe failed, I would say stick with the TRE probe and the Greddy gauge. but that is just my opnion, give them a call and see what they say

no the piece isn't crushed, it is just slightly to small to fit over the probe, I mean I can see that being good, so that it does seal and their is no air leaks, I just don't want to try it and break somthing before I know if that is exatly what I do or not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back