The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

got the car started it ran fine then died an hour later

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mchandla

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2008
louisville, Colorado
so yesterday i found out one of my grounds from my chassis wasnt hooked up to the battery. I hook it uyp and my car starts up fine and idles perfect better then when I got the car. so I drive it around and boost it a little bit and it didnt seem like it had as much power as it did before. So I start to drive it home and its idling really low about 400rpm but not running rough whatsoever. So I go back to the shop and let it sit and its running fine still. then i leave to go home stop at a light everythings normal then i make the U turn and step on the gas to pass somebody and it kinda bogs out so I'm like WTF? Pulled it in a parking lot tried to start it it would crank over and sputter like it was going to start but would actually start. my tach needle jumps around when im cranking the car over it flicks from 1k to 3.5k back to 0. what could be going on? do I need to redo all the grounds in my car?

heres my 2 cents. do you have spark? and fuel pressure? with your tack jumping around, do any other gauges/lights flicker/move like crazy. that could be a wiring problem, which could mean lots of other things. so what have you tried/do you no for sure that its not. not trying to be a dick but you need to try to narrow it down. not like the old days with a small block and a 2 barrel on it.

why doesn't anybody EVER help me on here?

Hey bro I know exactly what you mean. For some reason people are on here 24/7 atleast 100 at a time and yet whenever I make a post or need help not one person helps. Now dont get me wrong there have been a few people on here who have helped me but RARELY does anyone on this site help me. and half the time they make fun of me for asking questions which is absolutely stupid. I wish I could help you man but sorry I'm currently in the middle of my own delima LOL

Use the edit button when you want to add more info. Bumping Post is not allowed here and can get you suspended/banned.

Now onto your problem. Sounds like you have a wiring problem. Is all the wiring on the car still factory or has it been molested. Check all grounds and connections.

sounds to me like a charging issue. I would say bad alternator, or wiring to the alt. If your ground is bad, it could be causing a low charging situation, so be sure that the ground is good and on bare metal with no paint.

I didnt know there was a edit button. I'm not meaning to bump it I'm just trying to get help. I tried disconnecting the ground that i hooked back up and it acts weird. so that ground def needs to be hooked up. so should I try an alternator and when it was running it had a really low idle like 300-500 rpm but it seemed like it ran fine until it cut out and it didnt boost as hard as it regulary does

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back