The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ran car hard then it died, not it wont hold idle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissionSk8r21

Probationary Member
Jun 2, 2006
Bartlett, Illinois
I was driving around earlier today, just cruising and I decided to step on the gas a little and I did a high boost (16psi) 1st gear to 2nd gear pull and was about to go into third when I came to a stop sign and tossed it in neutral, then the car jus stalled out. So I start it back up and it wont hold idle, the second I stop giving it gas it dies. Im also hearing an unusual noise from the engine as Im driving. No CELs so I know its not a sensor, I was thinking maybe something fuel related, or a vaccum leak? The car has been running flawless previous to this incident, and this is definitly not the first time Ive gotten on it. Ive done some searches on this, but I thought if I described my problem in detail someone could give me a suggestion on where to begin.

EDIT: This is on my 1990 Eclipse GS-T.

I would almost bet money there is a big boost leak.

"Wouldnt it have to be a pretty big leak for the engine to kill itself?"

Unplug your pcv valve and see how your car idles, I've forgot to hook mine back up before and had the same problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back