The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car ran..then died...then ran...then really died

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcarguy719

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Ok, so i have searched and read pretty much every post about anything similar that has already happened to someone else. I just got this 91 Talon TSi AWD and it started and ran fine. I went to take it to the car wash and it ran fine for about 2 miles then it died. It died right at the car wash so i washed it and then it started again and it ran fine all the way home. I thought it had something to do with it getting hot. Then yesterday i started it up and went to drive down the street and it made it about 100 fett and died, and hasn't started since. I have fuel but no spark. Battery is good. Belts are all good. Checked the CPS and it's good. Pulled the ECU and doesn't smell burnt or look to have any problems. This car is bone stock except for a Fluidyne Rad. Also i saw on anothr post someone asked if the BOV was vented to the atmosphere, mine is(came that way). Any help would be great, i am heading to storage tomorrow to dig out my scan tool.:dsm:

Ok, so i have searched and read pretty much every post about anything similar that has already happened to someone else. I just got this 91 Talon TSi AWD and it started and ran fine. I went to take it to the car wash and it ran fine for about 2 miles then it died. It died right at the car wash so i washed it and then it started again and it ran fine all the way home. I thought it had something to do with it getting hot. Then yesterday i started it up and went to drive down the street and it made it about 100 fett and died, and hasn't started since. I have fuel but no spark. Battery is good. Belts are all good. Checked the CPS and it's good. Pulled the ECU and doesn't smell burnt or look to have any problems. This car is bone stock except for a Fluidyne Rad. Also i saw on anothr post someone asked if the BOV was vented to the atmosphere, mine is(came that way). Any help would be great, i am heading to storage tomorrow to dig out my scan tool.:dsm:

If you have no spark it could be a short somewhere.
Check the wires.

GOT IT! i pulled the ECU again and there were some wires that were shorted on the harness. Taped 'em up and it fired right up!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back