The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Got My Buddy Club 2 Kit....Installing ?'s...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoW96Rs03

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
FloridaUS
Got my buddy club 2 kit...looks like the fitment is going to be pretty good...but i was wondering how to install those sideskirts. Right now its a stock lowered 96 rs, no sideskirts.....now the car has a sh!tty paint job now that was like painted on there over the stock green with NO prep work, which is like an off white. When putting the sideskirts on should i have the old paint sanded off or just install it over it or what? The whole car is going to be repainted black.....anyways, so what steps should i do before installing the sideskirts? I dont think the bumpers are going to be a problem.

Thanks

Sweet, get some pics when you're done with it.

Sorry, I've never worked with BC2...

You say it has crappy paint?

If you're repainting the whole car then get it sprayed, then put the kit on.

EVen if you're not getting the car sprayed, i would personally paint the kit before installing it.

double sided tape seems to work? i heard of some type of glue. and then there are always rivots...

i too am looking for a non-rivoted way of attaching my low blitz sides, if someone could help me out too that be awesome (sorry for being a post leech)

So you saying get my car painted then put the kit on? I always thought it would be better to fit the kit on there and then get it painted?

1) check fitment on kit, get everything drilled and lined up.
2) paint
3) put on

i use screws to self-tap down, and also from the sides. you can lay double sideded tape below too as well as screw down for extra hold. ive never had any problems with just screws.

I am installing my BC2 kit right now as well and I do it like this:
1. Pre install the kit, line it up and make everything match up.
2. Prep and paint hte car/kit separately
3. Install the kit on the car again.

Pics of my car at the moment:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back