The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Going 420a turbo soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE2499

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2020
Bakersfield, California
Alright so I’ve pretty much been doing research for about a year now and understanding what a turbo is and how it works. So I have stock internals since it’s a new rebuilt engine. Saw that FMU & FCD is like almost $300 so might as well do it right. I am saving up right now for MS3 $900 and then a 1:1 fpr. Gonna keep the boost psi low 7-8 since it’s a stock internals. So far I have:
-FMIC
-HKS BOV
-Turbosmart External Wastegate
-Walboro 255
-Intercooler piping
-Turbo Exhaust Manifold
-Oil feed/return lines.

What I need:
-MS3
-voltage regulator for alternator since standalone ECU.
-1:1 FPR
-Bigger fuel injectors (reccomend please)
-AEM Wideband
-Oil Gauge
-Boost Gauge
-Custom Downpipe
-T3/T4 Turbo

To me this seems like everything I need to build this 420a. Let me know what else you guys think or what else I might need down this path. And yes Ik I will get forged internals whenever the stock one blows.

Last edited:
365cc injectors are fine at 7psi. Fuel Injector Clinic makes a set for $370. But if you ever planned to turn the boost up or other aggressive mods then I would just buy the 445cc's and be ready, tuning accordingly of course.
Ok, So would 445cc be fine with 7psi stock block? and then if I upgrade to rebuild block with forged internals, would I still be able to run the 445cc's or would I have to upgrade?
Might wanna add a turbo to that list!
LOLO forgot about that but I just updated list.
Also does my list look pretty much complete on what I'll need?
Would I still need an Fuel Cut Defender if I use Megasquirt? Pretty sure not since it would have it's own map sensor built in it right?

Voltage regulator? You already have one.
No I don't have one yet. Just saving extra money before I get anything else. Want to buy the MS3 first though since I know it takes them time to make it and ship it out. Let me know what else I might need when going this 420a turbo route.

If I remember correctly, you should be able to use Evo 560's as long as you wire in the resistor pack as well; you can find them for cheap and they should be good to cover you 7-8 psi plan. Www.2gnt.com has a ton of information about stuff like this. I think that's what I read (regarding injectors)and was gonna use them back in the day when I was working on putting together a kit for my GS. The voltage regulator that you're looking for can be found on Amazon and even AutoZone . I've bought them from both places. The pigtail for the regulator , I believe I got it from Amazon, but could be mistaken.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C9QI96/ref=psdcmw_15719901_t1_B004SRU7OU

They have more expensive ones, but I am not sure they are better quality.

Ok, So would 445cc be fine with 7psi stock block? and then if I upgrade to rebuild block with forged internals, would I still be able
If the only thing you replace is the internals then the 445cc would still be fine. Especially if you were lowering the compression ratio.

The only reason you need anything larger is if you plan to run E or turn the boost up above 10 pounds. It requires much more fuel at that point.

If the only thing you replace is the internals then the 445cc would still be fine. Especially if you were lowering the compression ratio.

The only reason you need anything larger is if you plan to run E or turn the boost up above 10 pounds. It requires much more fuel at that point.
Alright, so 445cc should be fine for 93 and stock block. So then I would need around 650cc or bigger to run e85 and up the boost?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back